Q1. What is network tackle?
Response: We can see community and host addresses in two methods:
1) Network-ID and Host-ID
An IP handle is created of two parts, the remaining component is community ID, the proper portion is host ID.
For instance, in one hundred.three.four.5, if a hundred is a community ID, then three.4.5 is a host ID. If 100.3 is community ID, then four.five is a host ID.
2) Network-handle and host-tackle. Let us search at two illustrations:
IP-deal with Community-ID Host-ID Community-deal with Host-address Mask
a hundred.4.five.six/eight a hundred four.5.6 one hundred… one hundred.four.5.six /8
one hundred fifty.one.two.three/sixteen a hundred and fifty.one two.three a hundred and fifty.one.. one hundred fifty.1.2.three /sixteen
Observe: Community mask is presented as /m in which m is a 2-digit decimal amount in between 8~31.
Note: IP, community, and host addresses are usually introduced with masks.
Q2. What is mask?
Reply. IP makes use of network mask to split up a 32-little bit IP-tackle into network-ID and host-ID. Community-address is made of community-ID bits on the still left and bits on the proper.
For instance, for a hundred and fifty.1.two.three/16, 16 is the community mask, a hundred and fifty.1 is community-ID, one hundred fifty.1../16 is network-handle, 2.three is host-ID, one hundred fifty.one.two.3/sixteen is host-handle. Network-tackle is used by routers to forward packets. Host tackle is employed to distinguish hosts in the very same community.
Q3. Why network addresses?
Response: When figures are as well a lot of, we use hierarchical composition to manage them. For instance, telephone quantity are structured as.
For illustration, 086.021.1234.5678 is a amount in China, Shanghais. The voice information is switched by region code, town code, and prefix. Structured cellphone figures are much easier to swap than flat ten-digit phone figures.
World wide web faces a similar circumstance. There are nearly How to change your IP address (IP has 32 bits. or two^32 specific addresses.) Routers use routing tables to foreword packets. Clearly, it’s considerably simpler for router to handle structured addresses than 4 billion flat types.
IP’s remedy is to use community-addresses to ahead packets, not person kinds. Network mask breaks an address into a network-ID and a host-ID. Routing tables use community addresses, not IP addresses.
– 100…/eight community has 16,777,216 addresses. In a routing table, (a hundred…/eight, subsequent hop interface) says: forward packets with the identical spot community to the same following hop interface.
– a hundred and fifty.1../16 community has sixty five,536 addresses. In a routing table, (a hundred and fifty.one../sixteen, up coming hop interface) normally takes treatment of forwarding sixty five,536 individual addresses in one hundred fifty.one../16 network.
– 150.one../sixteen community has sixty five,536 IP addresses. In a routing desk, (a hundred and fifty.one../sixteen, following hop interface) will take treatment of forwarding sixty five,536 individual address in a hundred and fifty.1../16 community.
– 222.111.forty four./24 has 256 IP addresses. In a routing table, (222.111.forty four./24, following hop interface) forwards 256 IP addresses in 222.111.44. community to the next hop interface.
This fall. How existing mask in decimal?
Reply. Existing mask the very same way as IP deal with. For case in point.
/eight is introduced as 255….
/16 is offered as 255.255…
/24 is presented as 255.255.255.
Q5. Why mask size is numerous of eight but?
Response: There are two type of IP addressing strategies: classful and classless. What we have talked so significantly is classful. Classless IP address can use mask of any size. See up coming tutorials for particulars.
This report is the FAQ of an interactive animation. You can engage in this animation listed under External links.